Citrine Gemstone – A Substitute gem for Yellow Sapphire
Citrine is a belonging to the semiprecious stones category. It is a beautiful translucent gemstone which has derived its name from the word “citron”, the French name for lemon. Citrine is a variety of Quartz and ranges in color from a pale yellow to orange brown.It is an extremely popular but inexpensive substitute to yellow sapphire gemstone
Origin of Citrine word
Citrine comes from a French name for Lemon, “Citron” as many citrines have the juicy color of the lemon. The name “Citrine” is termed as Citrin German, Topaciofalso Spanish, and Citrino Italian.
Color of the Citrine Gemstone
The color of the Citrine generally ranges from yellow to golden color and have the tinge of the orange brown shades of transparent quartz. Citrine gives a bright color when blend with the properties of Silver. The orange color shade of the Citrine which is looks like the color of the wine is known as the “Madeira”. The most preferred color of today is the bright lemony shades.
Birthmonth and Anniversary of Citrine
Citrine is the symbol of prosperity and popularity considered as the 13th wedding anniversary. Citrine is the secondary stone for the month November as a replacement for Topaz. According to it symbolizes Gemini, Virgo and Libra whereas according to the Eastern Astrology it signifies Pisces and Sagittarius. With numerical value of 6 it gives a positive result to those bearing the number.
This stone is linked with the planet Jupiter. This brings prosperity and happiness in our life. citrine got a many qualities in itself such as it is a sign of wisdom and peace, and it provides a great talisman. If you wear the ring of this stone with the gold in small finger, you will see many good changes in your life.
Importance of Citrine Gemstone
Citrine the “Earth stone” is also known as “The Merchant Stone “ or the “Success Stone” is kept in a cash register to bring prosperity as if drawing money. Citrine “the in disguise” is also known as the “Brazilian Topaz”. Citrine was also used in the breastplate of the High Priest of old and is carried against the plague, skin problem, snake bites and evil thoughts.
Metaphysical Properties of Citrine Gemstone
• The gemstone energizes our daily life.
• It attracts wealth, prosperity and success imparting joy, wonder, delight and enthusiasm.
• It raises self-esteem and self-confidence and also stimulates the brain, strengthening the intellect.
• It promotes motivation, activates creativity and encourages self-expression by enhances concentration and revitalizes the mind.
• It releases negative traits, depression, fears and phobias and making us emotionally balanced.
• It stimulates digestion, the spleen and pancreas and negates kidney and bladder infections.
• It helps eye , increases blood circulation, detoxifies the blood, activates the thymus and balances the thyroid and relieves constipation and removes cellulite.
Sources of Citrine Gemstone
Brazil is the main producers of the Citrine. Its two main mines Serra and Ira’ of the Rio Grande do Sul produces about 400 kilos of Citrine gemstone per month. Besides, France, Madagascar and Russia and deposits of Citrine is also available in North Carolina, Colorado and California of United State.
Incoming search terms:
- citrine vs yellow sapphire
- yellow sapphire vs citrine
- substitute for yellow sapphire
- substitute of yellow sapphire
- citrine gemstone meaning in hindi
- Citrine - Gemstone for Planet Jupiter
- citrine for Jupiter
- citrine jupiter
- yellow sapphire substitute
- citrine yellow sapphire